Moses Cross House
414 Main Street Hingham, MA
This house was originally built as a Farmhouse in 1848 by Samuel Bailey. It has long been considered the Cross Farm in Hingham as it stayed in the family until our company purchased it to save it from disrepair. In keeping with National Historic standards, we maintained numerous characteristics and details of the original home.
The house was jacked up, moved back 60 feet and set on a new foundation. Originally, the home was 925 square feet, and we expanded it to 3,200 square feet by adding a large master suite, as well as a gourmet kitchen. We kept the old charm by adding a fireplace with a baking oven. Also added were a solarium, English garden, an oversized 2 car garage, 3 large closets upstairs, and a tiled bath with a walk-in shower and luxurious soaking tub.